Thursday, May 13, 2010

Chicago!! Oprah!! Eclipse!!

A few weeks ago I heard that Oprah wanted Twilight fans to email her. So I did. And never heard back. But they did call Sarah and asked her if she wanted to come to Chicago (WITH A GUEST) and see a screening of Eclipse (a month and a half before it's released) and be an audience member for Oprah's Eclipse show. ARE YOU SERIOUS???!!! Sarah called me right after she got off the phone and when I could finally understand what she was telling me I was screaming too.

First shock, then disbelief, then crazy excitement when we realized that we might actually be able to pull this off even though it was only 10 days away.

After frantic calls to acquire babysitters, buy plane tickets, and reserve hotels we were on our way. I've never been to Chicago before. I loved it. I loved the tall buildings. I loved the wind. I loved all the tulips.

After we landed we checked into our hotel, got some food, and headed over to the theater to see Eclipse. We were on the very front row to the very left (but who cares? We're seeing Eclipse almost 2 months early)!! 5 minutes before the show was to start they had the front row stand and we were taken to the comfy seats in the balcony. Score!

The film was great, maybe the best one so far. I was really happy with it. After we left of course we couldn't sleep so we stayed up late talking about the movie and woke up 4 hours later to go to the Oprah show.

We couldn't bring any cameras into the studio. It was smaller than I thought it would be and there weren't any bad seats. We were behind the main seating in the center. Oprah came out and interviewed Rob, Kristen, Taylor and Dakota. I have to give it to Oprah. She knows what she's doing. There was so much going on and Oprah makes it look effortless. The interview was so much fun. We laughed a lot and smiled even more.

After the show we explored Chicago some more. We went to the Magnificent Mile and down to Lake Michigan. Then it was time to head to the airport. It was a quick trip and we packed in as much fun as humanly possible.

Our show airs Thursday, May 13th at 3pm on Oprah!! Maybe you'll see us in the audience. We're the screaming fans in the Twilight shirts. ;)




My first Chicago deep dish pizza. The crust was heavenly.



View from the top of the Willis Tower (formerly Sears Tower)



Inside a Plexiglas box at the top of the Willis Tower, notice that I didn't go very far out. It was unnerving to be able to look down that far.

2 comments:

melissa gargalis said...

amazing Jenny!!! So excited for you! How fun and what a treat to see Eclipse early and see some the actors in real life. Nice. Glad you had fun, you deserve it!

the Chandler chronicles said...

WOW! I am so envious you got to see Eclipse early!!! What an amazing experience! I am so glad you were able to make it work out!!! Your pics are awesome!