Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Jenny's Sprint Triathlon

I've wanted to do a sprint triathlon for quite a few years but I was intimidated. My friend Amber had done a few and she talked me into doing one. I gave myself 6 months to get into some sort of shape and (more importantly) to get up the nerve to do it. I thought it would be fun for us to do it together...and then she moved away. But that's okay. I made up my mind to do it and sent in my money. There was no turning back after that.

It turned out to be a lot of fun. I loved the swim, the bike was great, and the run was hard but I was expecting that. The race consisted of a 400m swim which is really short, a 10.3 mile bike ride and a 5k. My time was 1:22. My goal was 1:30 so I was happy.

Daniel and the kids cheered for me at every transition which was so motivating. He seemed very proud of me which made me feel so good. It doesn't hurt to have a biker as a husband either. At the very mention of me doing a tri he said, "We need to get you a road bike." And he did!


9:14
My swim- I'm in the nearest lane with the silver cap


43:17
Coming back from my ride


30:08
Starting my run


Sweet victory!
Next stop...Ironman? Hahahahahaha.....um....no.

5 comments:

The Gray Family said...

I am very impressed! The terms "sprint" and "triathalon" just DO NOT seem synonomous to me, so I am glad it was you instead of me :>)

Melissa said...

What a great accomplishment! Great pictures too! xoxo

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

In my eyes...you already are an IRONWOMAN!!! Way to go, Jenny!

Sara said...

you are my idol

The Sedrick Menagerie said...

Way to go Jenny!!!! How fun for you. What is next on your list of things to do? Marathon maybe?