Thursday, January 27, 2011

OUCH!

A few days ago I was in the front yard watching the kids play. We have a bike path right next to our house and Mallory was riding her bike. As she was riding towards me a man passed me riding his bike with his dog on a leash. Do you see where this is going? His dog crossed in front of Mallory and the leash caught her on the neck. The rider didn't notice at first and the dog yanked Mallory right off her bike. She landed on the back of her head. Thank goodness she was wearing a helmet. The man felt terrible and was very sorry and hopefully learned his lesson. Mallory had a very sore neck the next day but is healing nicely.

A good lesson came out of this though. My older kids never want to wear their helmets. They say, "I promise I'll be careful." I think they understand now that even if they're as careful as possible, accidents can still happen.




8 comments:

Ang said...

No kidding OUCH! I heard something happened with a leash and a bike but I hadn't heard the full story yet. YIKES! I'm glad she's ok!

The Sedrick Menagerie said...

Wow, I can not believe that was caused by a leash. My kids do not like helmets either. I need to show them these pictures. Poor girl.

melissa gargalis said...

that looks so painful and such a great reminder to make my kids wear helmets-always!

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH! That is horrible! Good for you guys wearing helmets! My kids always ask why so-and-so doesn't have to wear their helmet, gets to sit in the front seat or whatever. I just tell them I'm doing my best to keep them safe (plus it's law here in CA) and I don't waffle. They don't question anymore either. I hope she feels better soon. How awful for you guys! xoxo

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Wow! How scary for poor little Mallory! Glad she's ok!

Sara said...

yikes! That is horrible. I am so glad she is alright, what a scary thing to watch happen and not be able to stop it. xoxo

The Gray Family said...

OUCH is right! Hope she feels better soon!

marcie said...

Poor Mallory!!!