Thursday, June 16, 2011

Megan's 5th Grade Celebration

My baby is going to middle school! Aaahhh! My kids are growing up so fast. Megan is going to middle school and Mallory is going into kindergarten. I sense that I'm entering a new and very special period of our lives that I need to really enjoy and savor. It's so nice that there are no more diapers, high chairs, and impossible to buckle car seats. We also haven't hit the boy-crazy, hours on the phone, mom-is-embarrassing part yet either. While I have this time that they still listen, still let me hug them in public, and still think I'm their favorite person in the world, I think I better enjoy it to the fullest.







5 comments:

Melissa said...

I still feel that 6th grade is too young for middle school, and I can't figure out why some districts keep 6th at the elementary and some go to the 6-8 middle school. Anyway, yes! Enjoy every moment. I feel like I'm trying to grasp at the tail end of something searching for a firm grip and finding that it's slipping away from me. I have one foot in the "thinks I'm wonderful" camp, and the other in "my mom is so embarrassing." I'm savoring every last minute! :D

Tonia Z said...

Enjoy the non "phone/attitude" phase while it is here. Enjoy your summer.

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

It's killing me...this growing up thing!! Our babies are going to middle school...it's not right! Congrats Megan. We love you.

the Chandler chronicles said...

Is it just me or does she look almost as tall as you in that last pic? :) Congrats!

The Gray Family said...

I can't believe she is in junior high! And can't believe that Mallory and Brendan are starting kindergarten....weren't we just pregnant with them???