Monday, December 17, 2007

Connor turns 5

So a week before Connor's birthday party he comes to us and tell us how is party was going to go. Apparently he had it all planned out and was just informing us on the particulars...

He says to me, "Dad!?, at my party we are going to have a 'Curious George' bounce house, hundreds of my friends will be there", dramatic pause, which gave me time to think, does this kid know people I'm not aware of?, then he finishes with "Annnndddahhhh (which is and just drawn out loudly) it's going to be a surprise!"

So, now Jenny and I needed to figure out how to make this thing a surprise... Turns out he had that one planed out too. On the day of the said mayhem, I asked him if he wanted to go to the park, he said no, cause he was having a surprise party... We are now just along for the ride... His friends show up, (not by the hundreds, but it seemed like it), and they were all in the bounce house. I called them all to come inside and told Connor it was time to eat Pizza, and he said, "is it time for the surprise?!?" So I finally ask him how this was going to work, and he tells me how it's going to go down... "First you have all of my friends go into the front room, then I come in and everyone yells SURPRISE!"

The part that hurt, was the contempt in his voice, like I had no clue what a surprise party was all about... I wish I was able to catch his face on camera, but to no avail, we missed his huge smile and his little dance he did as everyone screamed SURPRISE!

I guess it went just as he planned it to go.

 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

SOOOO Sorry we missed the hoopla!! Happy Birthday Connor! Hope you had a great surprise!
The Del Bello Family