Monday, December 17, 2007

Osaka Bike Museum - near Shimano Head Quaters in Japan.

I got to visit the Osaka Bike Museum during my last trip to the Shimano Head Quaters. It has a ton of bikes - many not on display, just hanging around in the basement, but the bikes on display are from the dawns of time to new current Dura Ace and XTR bikes. Included is one of my favorites, an original Brezzer (one of the first 10 made!) it has the original Campy parts on it from that era. Surprisingly the other bike component makers are absent from the displays...

There was a Batavus 5 seated tandem from the early 1900's it had one of the largest track gears I've ever seen.

Any who - enjoy the photos - and sorry that some of these are out of focus. Click on the photos for a larger view.

2 comments:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Dan...you stinkin' have the best job in the world. What great pictures...loved them!!
Gian and Amy

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

Dan,
I see that my old bike is in there. What a relic.

Gian