Friday, January 11, 2008

Grade School Joke - the kids actually get.

A few weeks ago Megan asked me to tell her a joke. I figured all of the good jokes I know a kid won't get - so I remembered this one where you ask a kid a question and hope to get the right response, this is how it goes:

I asked, "Megan? What were you eating under there?
Megan was sitting on the couch and wasn't eating anything
She responded with "Under where?"
So I laughed at her and said "You were eating your Underwear?!?"
She couldn't stop laughing and tried to tell me how she wasn't eating her underwear, and that she wasn't eating anything...

I loved it cause she actually realized that 2 words could sound the same and mean something totally different and if you think someone means the other word then, well you get the picture... It was perfect.

So, Megan must have told Connor the joke, cause the other day Jenny asked him the same question of "what are you eating under there?" Connor's response was, "UNDER PANTS!"

1 comment:

Amy-Sue and Gian Del Bello said...

I'm laughing HYSTERICALLY!!!! I love me a good kid joke! Thanks Dan!