Monday, February 11, 2008

2008 North American Handmade Bicycle Show

I was privileged to attend the hand-built bike show again this year. Unfortunately I wasn't able to snap as many photos as I would have liked. I did take some pictures of some cool bikes. One of my favorites was the wire wrapped brazed bike from Villain Cycles.

The coolest thing at this show is the vibe. Of course there are ego's in the building, but they aren't the frat like ego's you find at Interbike. You know the uninviting frat like attitude some groups of people have. Most of these builders are timid, but very approachable. They love talking bikes, and they love talking about their bikes. They aren't afraid to dish out compliments for their fellow builders either.

At the end of the show, there is an award ceremony, where all the builders vote on their favorites etc. Of course I don't remember what and who won, but if you click on this link you will find out soon enough. NAHBS 2008

I found this nice link showing plenty of bikes as well Richard
Bike Portland - ClockWork Bikes - Bike Radar

No comments: