Saturday, October 20, 2007

Connor rides his bike without training wheels!

Actual date is October 6th!
 

We tried taking off the training wheels about 6 months ago. It resulted in a crying screaming fit. But I decided to do something I've heard about from other parents who taught there kids to ride bikes at a young age. You take off the training wheels and the pedals and you just let the kid scoot along. They soon learn how to balance the bike - it took Connor about 8 mins of me pushing him and him dragging his feet. He finally trusted me enough to hold his feet up off the ground and I pushed him real fast and let go. He balanced and steered the bike with no problems, and asked to put on the pedals... Well the photo above and the video beneath are proof that it worked!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: